Big Data Developer Remote position
Executive Software Guild
Location: McKinney, TX
- Client is looking for a Big Data Engineer to join the Advanced Data and Analytics Capabilities Team.
- We are a team based out of San Francisco that partners with business lines across the client System to deliver big data and advanced analytics products and solutions.
- In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to several high-quality data solutions and enhance your technical skills across many disciplines.
- Key Responsibilities Design, develop, and maintain end to end data solutions using open source, modern data lake, and enterprise data warehouse technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Cloud, etc.).
- Contribute to multiple data solutions throughout their entire lifecycle (conception to launch).
- Partner with business stakeholders to understand and meet their data requirements.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and enhancements to existing data solutions.
- Maintain security in accordance with Bank security policies Participate in an Agile development environment.
- Bachelor"s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Management (or equivalent).
- 5+ years of relevant work experience Professional experience designing, creating and maintaining scalable data pipelines.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of big data (Hadoop / Cloudera, Cloud, etc.) and machine learning (Spark, AWS SageMaker, etc.).
- Experience with object-oriented scripting languages: Java (required), Python, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and experience with relational databases Experience with UNIX shell scripts and commands.
- Experience with version control (git), issue tracking (jira), and code reviews.
- Proficient in agile development practices.
- Ability to clearly document operational procedures and solution designs.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and expectations.